This compilation of funding sources is intended to offer ideas and suggestions for supporting communities. It is not a complete list of opportunities. Funding information and application criteria is always changing. Please contact the organization directly for updated information.
Click on a category for more below for more information:
- offered by local municipalities and agencies for projects that will take place in this area and benefit residents of the Highland Region
- often the Provincial Government divides the province into service regions (i.e. school boards, health & wellness) to make the allocation of funds for specific initiatives equitable
- in some cases, the agency may be accepting applications from across the entire province.
- offered by federal government or by large corporations
- as a rule – the larger the amount of funding requested, the more detailed application process; feel free to ask your local recreation director for their assistance.
- Contact the local branch if applying for a grant from a national corporation (i.e. banks, RCMP) for advice and to let them know you are sumbitting an application – they might be able to put in a good word for your organization.